Founded in 2015 as a collective of essayists in Chicago, Stories Connect has grown to provide a platform for many essayists across the United States, several podcasts, a display venue for displaced artists, and a nonprofit cafe that employs opportunity youth and pays its employees a minimum of $15 per hour.
Stories Connect founder, Martin McKinney, believes that the work of undoing oppression and marginalization should be done with a lens that is committed to inclusive femininity that centralizes the voices of women of color and recognizes diverse gender experiences.
And we are elevating the voice of the dispossessed wherever we see the opportunity. But we can do so much more with your help.
- Your donations provide a stipend to our essayists so that they can engage their passion for writing and storytelling
- Your donations provide a paid cafe internship for an opportunity youth to become financially self-sustaining
- Your donations provide work space and supplies for 20 rotating artists without charge
- We don't charge a commission on art sales. All funds go to the artist
- Our in-house recording studio is a creative haven for musicians and sonic artists who are typically excluded, mistreated or otherwise marginalized. This studio is available to all genres and industry levels.
Your support of our mission provides training space for artists, support for our podcasts, performance and display expenses for concerts and art shows, financial assistance for our trainees and transport assistance for invaluable cultural exchanges with other organizations.
Stories Connect is a charitable organization exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. If you would like to support the work of Stories Connect, email us at email@example.com, call us at (773) 952-4956 or donate here.
We are essayists, podcasters, and artists who construct from deeply personal places that inspire and create. We are eager to partner with you. Become a philanthropic partner.
Your donation to Stories Connect will galvanize and enrich our community by providing people with essential opportunities that enable them to create the world that they imagine. Give an individual gift.
We’re proud to collaborate with local creatives who represent cutting edge thinking on undoing oppression and raising the voice of the marginalized through art. Give to our creative collective.